sewing || shorts parade

Stitched up two pairs of shorts from the Wearing History Smooth Sailing pattern recently. Both of these were great nap time projects; I cut them out in the evening and did about 90% of construction during two separate nap times! I've needed new shorts desperately--most of my me-made pairs from the pre-kids days are fading (boo), and finding shorts that I think are flattering in the stores is nearly impossible. 



The first are admittedly my favorite! Green poly crepe I bought in London nearly two years ago. I met up with Charlotte of Tuppence Ha'Penny and we went fabric shopping on Goldhawk Road. This was one of my last purchases that afternoon. I still have more than enough for a pair of full-length slacks, which is going to happen this autumn!



The blue are cotton twill, and wrinkle a bit. I'm also not sure how I feel about the stiffer pleats in the twill--I don't think these are as flattering to my upper thighs as the crepe. I'll still wear them though.

One thing I noticed after I made these is I really need to do a sway back or high hip adjustment to anything that is fitted through my lower back. I got away with not having to make this adjustment 90% of the time in my 20s, but two kids later (and a new decade) and I think in order to have nicely fit clothes, I need to add this to my wheelhouse of adjustments!


Comments

Popular Posts